World’s First Dedicated UHD Channel
UMAX is a world’s first dedicated cable UHD channel launched on April 10, 2014. UMAX provides viewers with various genres of UHD contents such as films, dramas, documentaries, animations and music concerts.
UMAX has 3 advantages to operate the UHD channel: know-how from Cable TV VOD(a mother company of UMAX), a Korea’s leading VOD contents aggregator, advanced UHD technologies such as UHD production guidelines and UHD contents evaluation system and use of existing cable TV infrastructure built by Cable Service Providers nationwide.
To enjoy UMAX, make sure you have an UHD TV and subscribe to digital cable service in Korea. UMAX is available on channel #1 of most Korean cable service providers except C&M(channel #33).
UMAX Vision and History
- May 24-UHD Business MOU between major cable service providers and TV Manufacturers (Samsung Electronics & LG Electronics)
- July 17-2013 UHD pilot broadcasting / UHD Contents MOU between Home Choice and major cable service providers
- January 8-30fps 8bit UHD experimental broadcasting
- March 12-60fps 10bit UHD experimental broadcasting
- April 10-2014 UMAX, World’s First UHD Channel, launches on cable Platform